|St. James' School has a long and important association with Tunbridge Wells. It was established in 1866 as the school for the children living in the parish of St. James. The school was originally situated in Quarry Road and moved to its present buildings in 1973.|
It occupies an attractive site shared with the St. James' Infant School. The basic design of the school is open-plan with each year group having its own study areas and adjoining activity area.
Recent additions to the original building are a fully equipped information technology room connected to the school network, a performing arts studio and two new small group rooms. These new classrooms are used primarily by our support teaching staff to teach groups in all areas of the curriculum but particularly focussing on maths.
The extensive grounds comprise a hard play area, sports pitches, a wild ecological area, two pond areas as well as plentiful play space.
|© 2018, St James C.E. Junior School, Sandrock Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2 3PR|
|privacy & cookies | log in|
|Site developed by TWE Digital|